Scientific events and guest speaker seminars
To fulfill the training module Guest Speaker Seminars please note:Guest speaker seminars are lectures by renowned scientists from other domestic and foreign institutions. They must be publicly announced. The seminar must take place live.
Online guest speaker seminars
Due to the current situation, guest speaker seminars are currently not taking place in Erlangen. Some are therefore offered via zoom, but of course not to the extent originally planned.
In order to be able to continue attending the prescribed number of guest speaker seminars, members of the IZKF Research Training Group and members without RTG connection can temporarily also take part in other online guest speaker seminars. The seminar must take place live.
For all other members of Life@FAU: Please clarify with your coordinators whether this also applies to your GRK.
The participation will still be documented in your (online) study book. An additional proof is not necessary. The Mentoring Commission must be provided with a list of attended guest speaker seminars during the annual mentoring meetings.
Possible series of lectures
(besides locally organised guest speaker seminars)The seminar must take place live. No recorded lectures
MSK Science Spotlight series (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
WorldWideNeuroThis list makes no claim to completeness. Should you know of any other relevant lecture series, please feel free to inform us about them
Locally organised guest speaker seminars and other lectures
- 26Feb16:30 – 17:30Prof. Dr. Carsten Bergmann, University of Freiburg | Hybrid
- 28Feb15:00 – 16:00TRR 305 seminar series: Striking a moving target: From mechanisms of metastatic organ colonisation to novel systemic therapieshybrid (on site in Erlangen) | Prof. Dr. Andreas Koeberle, CMBI
- 29Feb16:00 – 17:00Prof. Christian Steinhäuser, Uni Bonn | Lecture Hall, Institute for Biochemistry
- 07Mar15:30 – 16:30IZKF-Visiting Professor Programme: HSP-SPG7, from molecular mechanism to possible therapeutic interventionProf. Dr. Giorgio Casari, San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- 08Mar10:45 – 11:45Florian Eichler, Harvard Medical School